Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Too Quiet Around Here

Even with Matt here, it is really quiet. I have cleaned the kitchen already this morning and got the laundry all washed yesterday, so just need to fold it and put it away today.

At the moment, I am coaxing my dinosaur computer to edit a shipping address at Amazon so that Tommy's birthday present might arrive in a timely manner. He will be 19 on the 22nd. Amazon believes that Becky's address is invalid... I guess they have never heard of "Private Road(s)". Funny, not only do Becky and Tommy have "private road" addresses, so does my Dad- halfway across the state of Texas. Arrrgh! For the 8th time, my computer "cannot find server". GRRRR!

Ben is off and about today, making a trip to Best Buy. He didn't say what he was going after... either a component to fix his laptop or else a new computer. Or maybe something else I am not even aware he wants. I've got a grocery list going that he offered to get, but I'm thinking I need to get it filled out a bit more. There isn't anything pressing we need today.

I can't decide what to make for supper. Last night, I threw a couple of frozen 'chuck steaks' into my Pampered Chef covered baker. I started with a drizzle of olive oil in the bottom, and sliced half an onion and a clove of garlic into that. Then added a steak. I repeated the onion and garlic, added a second steak, and finished off with more onion and garlic. I baked it almost two hours, carefully swapping the top and bottom steaks around after about 45 minutes. They were still slightly tough- owing to the cut of meat, I'm sure- but very tasty. As long as the oven was going, I wrapped each of us a potato in foil- again with a drizzle of olive oil and a peeled clove of garlic- and baked them. About 45 minutes before Tom was due home, I wrapped some fresh asparagus in foil with a small chunk of butter, and tossed it in next to the potatoes.

I'm still trying to catch on to cooking for just a few people.

I know there was something specific I meant to post about here, but can't bring it to mind at the moment. Maybe this will be a two-post day!

No comments: