Monday, April 1, 2013

April 1st, 2013

I haven't thought up any April Fools jokes.
This morning I woke up a bit after 2:00 am and needed a drink of water. I resisted for awhile. Suddenly I remembered that today is the day I am supposed to be at the Doc's office for fasting lab work! I never did fall back asleep, though I really tried. Tom got up a bit after 3. He reads and works out. I catnapped- not really falling into a sleep, but not 100% awake. Finally gave up and got up at about 5.
I went to my follow-up visit at the Doc this past Thursday. He said I do not have osteoarthritis!
But I do have some form of inflammatory arthritis, variety to be determined. It is an auto-immune disease, my body attacking itself. He put me back on steroids- but at a lower dosage. Gave me a once a day pain reliever. It said it could make one drowsy, so I took it at night. It kept me awake with wild and crazy dreams. I skipped it yesterday, and took it this morning. (I could use a nap!)
The reason I needed more bloodwork today was because Doc Benjamin and I began discussing family health history. I mentioned my little brother passing away. Doc went back through my charts and said I had really great cholesterol... for someone my age. Oh wait, These results are more than five years old! Thus, the general blood work was set up for all the routine screens. He is also supposed to be setting me up for my first colonoscopy. If  I've heard it once, I've heard it twenty times this week. "The test isn't so bad... It's the prep!"
I return on the 11th so he can monitor how I'm doing.
Today is the day Ben and Paula are supposed to close on their home! I am so excited for them! They hope to have it ready to move into in the next couple of months, so they  are in it before the baby arrives.
Have a blessed day!

HAHAHA! I ran spell check. It suggested I change colonoscopy to kaleidoscope! Yes, I think I would rather have a kaleidoscope....

No comments: