Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August "Two-th"

It is August. It is hot, as one might expect. Nothing to report on house hunting, other than it must really be stressing me out, despite my efforts to remain calm. I say this, because I was awakened from a dream this morning, in which I was trying to find my way home. I knew I no longer lived at 601 Something or another street SW... I couldn't recall the address of where I currently lived, nor the name of the street where I had formerly lived. I wandered about in a strange city, trying various doors, only to find someone living in what I had thought MIGHT be my house. I went into one house, and the residents confronted me. I explained I was looking for MY house, and thanked them for not shooting me. Back out I went into the dark streets, trying to remember which way I had come and where I needed to go. Needless to say, I was glad at being awakened!
I am still ping pong cleaning. I am expecting my Mom and Ralph any day, as one of our family members has passed away. Amanda, my Mom's cousin Ruth's grand daughter, passed away a few days ago.  I don't think Amanda was yet 30. She'd had a difficult life; paralyzed in a drunken driving accident when she was 14. She was sweet and funny, and dearly loved Jesus. Amanda lived most, if not all, of her life here in Arkansas.
I sat down here to type this, multi-tasking as I ate my lunch. A big bite of filling fell out, onto the carpet, where ever vigilant Jaffa was waiting to gobble it down. However, he has an amazingly discriminating tongue. It was egg and black olive, mixed with a very small amount of miracle whip and mustard. Jaffa spit out every tiny speck of black olive.
So far, in my cleaning today, I have the trash taken out. kitchen, front bath, and foyer floors swept and mopped. The dishwasher emptied, and filled with a small load of the morning detritus. I added Jaffa's dishes to the load, as there was room and they needed cleaning.
I glued a chair rung back into place, and emptied the shredder. The course of action was more like this:
I need to get this place cleaned up. What is the best place to start? A load of laundry! That can be washing while I work on other things.  I better get the dish cloth from the kitchen sink, and the towel from the drain board. Oh, look, the sink is full of dishes. At least Tom and the boys put their morning messes away. I better put these into the dishwasher. The dishwasher is full of last night's load of clean dishes. I better empty it out! I started emptying the dishwasher. Oh, here is the pan I cooked my oatmeal in yesterday. I better eat breakfast- have some oatmeal again today to try and get that cholesterol down. I got the oatmeal started. It is boiling on the stove, and I turned to the refrigerator to get out the "swill" Tom uses- a combination of ground seeds and fiber- to add to the oats. I barked my shin on the opened dishwasher. Oh yeah, I was putting up the dishes. I can do that while the oatmeal cooks. The oatmeal began to scorch as I ignored it in favor of emptying the dishwasher. I sat down to eat my oatmeal, here in front of the computer. Oh yeah, I need to write a couple of letters. I can do that while I eat... Would you look at that? There are several empty yogurt containers on the floor under the desk. (Jaffa's retreat with his ice cream and yogurt bits people leave for him.) I fished out the trash, finding several more bits of debris and paperwork that can be tossed. (Am I the only one who picks up trash around here?) (That's an inside joke, Mr C says it ALL the TIME!) I head to the trash can, and realize one of the papers ought to be shredded, not just tossed into the garbage. Over to the shredder... it is too full to run. I empty the shredder into the trash, which fills the can. I take the trash out. Where was I? Oh yeah... I was going to run a load of clothes. Off I go to the bathroom to gather dirty clothes... would you look at these trash cans? They need to be emptied too!
Oh yeah... I need a small grocery bag for the shredder. And the bathroom trash cans. Nope, no used grocery bags, guess they all got tossed this week. Wait, there are a couple in the pantry... with yesterday's non-perishables in them. Put up the non-perishables. Put a bag into the shredder. Shred the paper I picked up off the floor while finishing my oatmeal.  Oh my... the oatmeal seems to be... YIKES- run for the bathroom.  Oh, yeah, I never did pick up the dirty clothes I came back here after.  I carry the clothes out to the laundry room. I am distracted by the still opened, but now empty dishwasher. I load up the dishes from the sink. It isn't full enough to run, so I added the dog's dishes. What a mess the floor is... I better sweep. Oh yeah, put a liner in the trash can. Look, the toaster didn't get put away... PUT THE LINER IN THE CAN! (Okay already, I don't have to yell at me!) Then put up the toaster. Wait, it is filthy and full of crumbs. Spray it out, and set it on the back patio to dry. (Where it was forgotten until after I started typing this). Sweep.. as long as I am sweeping the kitchen, may as well do the foyer and bathroom. Why are the bathroom trashcans set out in the hall? Oh, they need grocery bag liners...  NO! NO! NO! you are SWEEPING! So, I got swept and mopped. The dishwasher going, but still no laundry. Trash cans all emptied... but some still unlined. Lunchtime came, and I had lunch... here at the computer, where I typed this. Now it's high time I finished up some of these tasks. Have a blessed day!

No comments: