Wednesday, May 8, 2019

The Welcome Project

Grand Daughter Nickole has been granted her wish to come and live with us. This was basically a start from scratch opportunity to put a room together that I hope she will like. The only purchased furniture was the bed and the
Night stand from a "pickin'" sale. Was  beige and gold.

 night stand. I think all together I have spent under $150., including paint and all new bedding.
The bed. Uncle Tommy brought it up and assembled it. Bedding from Walmart ties the color scheme (or lack thereof) together. Small lamp has a hummingbird motif.

From the head of the bed, window on the left, closet ahead, door to hall is on the right. Another small shelf I've had forever, repainted and repurposed!

The heart shaped light switch cover was in a different room of the house when we bought the place. Fresh paint! Little "clothesline" of pictures sports tiny clothespins.

Overhead light off. Picture of her Daddy in the frame, with a picture of Nickole- frame and Nickole photo are from her cousin Kimber. Mirror is 30+ years old, a garage sale find from GiGi many years ago. Butterflies have been around since the 90's sometime, now with new paint. Paul Hancock (my godfather) made me the square in square display shelf in the 80's. The shelf unit was a school garage sale find from back before my Mom (GiGi) retired. Baskets on the shelf unit were Aldi finds. Curtains were Great Grammy Kathie's contribution. Most everything has a new coat of paint.
Stars on the ceiling were there when we moved in- I love them!
 


No comments: