Friday, January 3, 2020

It's still a New Year.... Right?

I want to say, I cleared the air with a couple of Tom's siblings. The one who told me that I wasn't one of her kids and needed to butt out, has since apologized. The other siblings were unaware that this had happened- apparently the one who'd said they had all discussed that I needed to "butt out" had not, in fact, spoken to the others.

Arlene's surgery yesterday went much differently than we had been told it could go. The artificial hip was sanitized and left in place, with a drain shunt put in so that infection could continue to drain away. There is supposed to be an additional surgery at a future point. The why's and what-for are unknown to me at this time.

Tom's eldest sister arrived at the hospital this morning to a room full of medical personnel. Arlene suffered a mild stroke. This was confirmed by a CAT scan. She will be re-checked tomorrow, but is doing fine. Her speech is slightly slurred, and part of her face is drooping. She is alert and in good spirits.

So much stress is lifted off me. I continue to pray for her full recovery, and for wisdom of what to do when the time comes that she can go home.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments: