Wednesday, September 22, 2021

First Day of Fall!

 It's a beautiful, beautiful day here in NE Oklahoma. The high is supposed to be 73* Windows are wide open for the cool breezes, laden with ragweed and the smell of burning chicken feathers.
Two days ago, we waded Flint Creek in 96* temperatures!
Today is almost too nice for school. Yet, here we are.

Nickole finished weeding Bandi's garden- a task she's been on for almost 3 weeks. Bandi's husband Terry remains hospitalized, on a ventilator... all prayers are appreciated. God hasn't brought him this far to lose him now.
Tom and I are still not back to strength after being sick last month. We get stronger, bit by tiny bit. This morning, I walked a letter to the mailbox . I did it with some energy... which is more than I have had lately.

The house has fallen so far into the pit of despair, I thought it would just have to stay there! But Sam invited guests for supper last night... so I pushed through yesterday. The floors are mopped! The dust was banished. Clutter was gone through, and put away (either in its place, or disposed of). (Ok.. I do admit some stuff was just relocated or stacked neatly.) But the place was, and IS presentable.

The garden is winding down. There are dry beans on the vines, waiting to be picked. A few scraggly tomatoes are hanging on, but no longer producing enough to can. The peppers about died from lack of water, but may bounce back until frost; I continue to dry those for our tri-pepper blend. The okra has finally taken off... I have been getting enough for a meal, or to freeze for later, on a daily basis. 

Since October 2020 marked the start of so much sorrow and woe for our family, I am looking forward to THIS fall being better. (Please don't say it could not be any worse than last year! I am not looking to challenge it!) My Mom and Ben both have birthdays coming right up. The Taylor Family Reunion... set to be Live and In Person! is October 2nd. (So far, ONE of my kids is supposed to come. My Mom, one of my brothers, and one other family of cousins have declared their intentions to attend. It may be the smallest one ever!

Until Next time, May God Bless You and Keep you!

 




No comments: