Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Not as "Settled into Summer" as I would hope...

Kimber Ann (Grandchild 3.2) came home with Nickole (2.1) and I when we returned from our camping trial run. We had an entertaining week. To the local swimming pool... where I actually got my swimsuit wet. Other than wading in the Gulf this past week, and last year- I haven't done much swimming. (The swim test in what? November? that proved I wasn't nearly as over Long Covid as would have thought!)
I went down a waterslide! 3 times... I have never gone on a waterslide before. Then I sat out waiting for the girls to tire of the pool. I waded a bit in the shallow end. Another day, we went to the new Splash pad in Gentry, followed by a trip to the library.


The garden sprang up amazingly fast while I was gone. I've harvested enough green beans from Sam's Hugelkultur mound to have two meals. Another day, I took Kimber and Nickole to the Tulsa zoo, where they worked on an AHG badge requirement. Stephen and Ruby came to visit us over this past weekend. We watched Tom, Bob, Sam, and Kimber set off a short fireworks display on the 3rd. On the 4th, Stephen and Ruby headed back to Dallas with Kimber. Becky met them there on the 5th... so 'Ber is home.

My Dad's reports haven't been great. He's still dealing with things none of the rest of us can see- but to him, they are quite real. My Uncle from California is flying out this coming weekend, so Tom and I are driving down to see everyone in Texas. Pray for Uncle and Aunty's home... once again, it's near one of the big fires. They are packed up and ready to flee if the evacuation notice is given... and it's not given lightly.

My mom has had troubles this past week. Bronchitis and pneumonia have slowed her down. Her routine doctor's visit today said her lungs sound good, but pneumonia can take months to fully recover from. Step mom had two days of medical visits... first to the ER, then her Ophthalmologist to learn she's got a scratched cornea. Those are VERY painful!

Tom and I are finally paining the exterior of the house!



It has been chocolate brown with hunter green trim since we bought the place. It's going to be a buttery yellow, with sage green trim. Bob and Nickole both disliked my choices, based on the sample swatch. But seeing it on the building has changed their minds.


It's looking like a second coat may be needed, and none of these pictures show a completed wall, as we don't yet have one! But you can see where it's going. We are only able to paint in early mornings, and Tom only on his days off. The temperatures are HOT this week. Today's heat index is 106*. Bob got out and painted anyway.



No comments: