Sunday, September 22, 2019

Doing this life

Sometimes, a picture about does me in.
Just an ordinary picture.
Today, it was one of me holding two little boys.
Cousins, Gavin and Tyrel.
I don't have the solid silver hair that I have 12 years later.
I don't have the sorrow that has become part of my face.
The cares and worries and losses hadn't begun their haunt.
It reminded me of another picture of me, holding two little boys.
Those little boys are grown, one is gone. The other watching as time trickles by while he watches from a cage of his own failures.

Today, this life I'm in has me wishing for a do-over button.
Where would the do-over start?
That's one thing I can never decide.
Make your choices today out of love. Make them out of care and kindness to others.
Those babies grow up.
Those babies grow up.

No comments: