Friday, September 13, 2019

Almost Autumn (Someone tell the Weather!)

I saw a meme the other day.
"Moms! Pick your Battles!
Nope. That is too many battles.
Put a few battles back on the shelf!"

I need to learn something from that.
We started today, Friday the 13th (with a full moon!) with Much. Grouchiness.
MUCH. Moodiness.
Everything has been an argument or attempted regression.
"What's for breakfast?"
"Your usual choices: Cereal, oatmeal, or eggs."
"But I wanted leftover pancakes!"
"There aren't any, they are not an option today."
Much glaring.

"WHAT THE (garbled muttering)?!! WHERE are ALL the BOWLS? We HAD a whole STACK of BOWLS yesterday MORNING!"
More glaring, as if I have personally hidden all the bowls.

"We had guests yesterday, remember? And our supper last night used bowls as well. But I bet you they are CLEAN now- in the dishwasher until YOU get a chance to put them up."

"WHAT THE (garbled muttering)?!!! Is THIS the only kind of CEREAL we have left?"
(Pumpkin Spice Millville O's, or cornflakes, or Vitality Cereal with dehydrated strawberries.)

I was really getting annoyed with the attitude.
She picked the Pumpkin Spice O's- griping loudly, "I don't even KNOW if I'm going to LIKE this kind!"
(She got to eat them anyway.)

Then, we had to get dressed. So she wanted to wear a dressy dress.  With heavy duty shorts rolled up under it. Fine. Not even arguing. She was giving me the "I dare you to make me change" look.
I really don't recall Becky having this much attitude.
The minute Tom or Sam walk in- it's cutesy widdle gur-ow (little girl) talk.

Onward to lessons. I cut a couple short, and we never even went to the online lessons today. "Atlas Adventures" was trying to find out more about salmon. If you aren't needing a salmon recipe, or looking for reasons why the wild sockeye salmon populations are decreasing- there wasn't much to find in the first two or three pages of You Tube searching, nor even Google searching. Watched a bit and decided we aren't EVEN going to attempt a paragraph about them today.
Just, NOPE.

I read a little bit of an article about "tapping" to reset ones brain. I figure head banging on the wall or my desk should do the trick.

No comments: