Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Another post, and it's still July!

Sam's work crew decided they will start early today, as it has been so hot & humid. He was out the door by 5:30 this morning.
Aurora wasn't in her usual position as a door stop on the front mat, so Mr C and I spent a few minutes calling her. The air outside feels like tepid bath water. Not cool, not uncomfortably warm... but very moist and NOT refreshing. Aurora showed up- I don't like it that she's taken to wandering!

Yesterday, I made some squash pickles. I used calcium chloride to help with crispness... and since it had zero instructions, I can only hope I used it correctly! I did three pints of dill, six of bread & butter. The canning closet is already starting to look full, and we haven't really started getting tomatoes. (We have brought in a few, but not enough to deal with.)
I need to make something like Granny's Garden vegetable Saute for supper soon!

We are staggering along in kind of a limbo, waiting on word of Tommy & Ruby's wedding. We don't want to reschedule our flights any more often than necessary... and if the current restrictions in Peru don't change, we may need to find something else to do with Mr C's vacation allotted for the wedding. It's less than 55 days until we were supposed to depart!

Becky & I have been walking "together" a couple of evenings. Last night, it was 104* as she set out just barely before sundown. It was 88* here. We walk and chat on the phone as we go! It gives us a little chance to visit... and ensures I DO take my much needed walk. I've enjoyed it a lot. (I have talked to my DIL Paula several times this week. Ben's been TDO, and it's not easy for her to get out of the house with four kids!)

I hope your day is blessed!


No comments: