Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Few things are more fun than...

A box of new curriculum for the coming school year!
I ordered from several different places- today's box is the first to arrive.
In today's arrivals:
Home Economics!
I ordered  Lessons in Responsibilities for Girls 8-12 . I looked through it briefly, and have already found a few things I disagree with... but we can work with this! (In the nutrition chapter, it talks about clear soups, and enhancing them with bullion cubes. Bullion cubes are far from nutritious! We will discuss WHY I disagree, and explore better options! We will learn to make a bone broth instead... and why it is a better choice.)
I got Exploring Geography Through Art. I am hoping it won't be too advanced for Nickole, so will be looking more closely at the book in the next few days.
I got Exploring the World Through Geography: Focus on the United States. (Plus a deck of States & Capitals Flash Cards).
We got Apologia Science's Exploring The Creation Through Astronomy.
We ordered "Life of Fred Edgewood" and "LOF Farms" for Math. Each covers different math concepts that Nickole really needs to grasp. If LOF works- I will proceed with their curriculum. It presents math in a different way that maybe she will be able to take hold to.

Still to arrive is the Good and The Beautiful order, with History and Chemistry.
We will continue with Atlas Adventures as well.

No comments: