Tuesday, June 14, 2022

A lovely night In NE OK

 Daniel is up visiting! This is his and Sam's birthday week, which they almost always have spent together. Last night, they invited some of their friends from the area over. Sam spent Sunday smoking a huge brisket, while Daniel drove up from San Angelo.
If Sam ever decided to change careers, he could sure open a mean barbecue place! He could get his uncle Buck to make the potato salad. We had two kinds of home made ice cream. It was all excellent.
We were up far too late, with Tom and Sam having to go to work today.

Half an hour ago, I decided I should sit me down and at least make an effort at blogging more regularly.
(My Aunt Lennie encouraged me to do so.)  (Hi Auntie!)

I sat down at the computer and turned it on. Usually, the mouse jiggle on the mouse pad will wake it right up. Today, it did not. Oh, DAN is here... he shuts everything completely off so that he can sleep in complete darkness. I turned on the computer. It warmed up.
But the mouse still refused to control it. The keyboard was fine... I could use the directional keys to highlight areas... but no cursor. Being a wireless mouse... I checked to be sure it was on. It was. I replaced the battery. It would come on, then go off. It would not operate the cursor.
I unplugged its USB relay. Tried another USB port on the computer.
Nope. I was getting quite frustrated, and figured I was going to have to order a new mouse.
One last trouble shooting thing to do. Borrow Nickole's wireless mouse. That means her USB relay as well.
She went and got her relay from her laptop, and brought it to me... but couldn't find her mouse.
Because she had left it on my mousepad, in front of my desktop computer! MY mouse was on the tray table next to Tom's chair. One jiggle from the correct mouse... and presto! the cursor worked!


Tonight, the guys have a fun "Guys Night Out" excursion planned. Tom and Bob, Dan and Sam all are going to a minor league baseball game over in Springdale. Nickole and I may go to a pricey little pizza place we have both wanted to try.

A friend of mine posted a news link on Facebook earlier. Yellowstone is CLOSED, effective immediately- due to unprecedented flooding. The news story was accompanied by footage of roads literally being washed away. I don't know how long it will take to repair such terrible damages... Yellowstone is on our big trip agenda for August/ September.

Have a blessed day!


No comments: