Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Howdy, Y'all

I just realized it has been about a month since I posted anything at all. So, I should start with some updates, right?
First of all, Daniel was hired by the San Angelo Fire Department and will start firefighter/ EMT training on Feb. 1st. He had planned to work here at his old job until mid January... but his employer feels it is more trouble than it is worth to have to do all the annual paperwork on an employee who will only be there a few work days in January. His last day may well be Friday, as his boss takes off a week from Christmas to New Year's.
Sam has been working golem hours... from 7 in the morning until 8 or later every night- including Saturday- for awhile now.
Tommy has plans to come visit us over Mr. C's birthday next week.
Tom's Mom had her hip replaced this week, and is expected to be released from the hospital today or tomorrow.
Alana got her driver's license permit! (Congratulations, Alana!)
****************
I accompanied Dan to Texas when he went for his interview. I enjoyed getting to see some of the grands, as well as a few more of my children! I would certainly hope to get to go down again when it comes time for Dan to move... but that remains to be seen.
Meanwhile, he is getting his things ordered to strike out on his own.

On the home front... I have been disassembling the house for the past week. I 'flipped' our bedroom, with the bed opposite from where it has been. Not all the furniture fits in there, arranged like this, but we had our reasons for doing so. (Possible mold in the outside wall. We moved the bed to an inside wall.)
I have been working at writing. It is emotionally draining, and I am not getting very far very fast. God has given me encouragers, and I keep at it.
***************
That's all for now. I have such a disheveled mess around me, I cannot sit here and ignore it in good conscience! Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Truth said...

Keep at it girlfriend!