Friday, April 12, 2019

Wacky weather!

This week we had two days of 84* weather and CRAZY winds. (45mph + gusts 50>) I actually turned on the AC- which reminded us that it needs a system check up! I got that scheduled.... and this weekend, we are expecting SNOW showers. Temperatures are downright chilly at the moment. 41*.
The winds knocked my seedlings off the greenhouse shelves, as the walls  whipped about in the high winds. Several holes were torn into the plastic mesh fabric. I am sad and discouraged at this!

Over last weekend, Tom and I went to see my folks in East Texas. Dad wasn't feeling great, and actually had to go to the hospital. The Docs put a stent in his heart, and he is headed home this morning. I have been stressed out at being so far away, but there is little I could do even if I were there.
Dad is feeling much better.

I am thinking today's working plan is the re-organization of the freezer. I have several items inside the house that need to be put back into their homes in the well house- where the freezer is located. Get my "but firsts" in order and get with the program!

I have things to do in the "spare" (formerly Daniel's / soon to be Nickole's) bedroom. ALL of those things involve a degree of "but first", with items I don't have on hand and don't NEED to make a trip to town to get. I need to get some of the stuff done before Becky and the kids arrive.
Tomorrow, Mr C is hoping to get some gardening done- at the least tilling! "But First" we have to go to town and get bug killer granules, which need to be spread before the "heavy downpour" of predicted rain hits. THAT is a fine window of time- we need the bug killer to reduce the flea and tick population in the yard, but can't spread it too soon before a rain, as we have a dog, a cat, and 12,000+ bees to think about. Tomorrow morning may prove a busy time.

May your day be blessed! Hug your folks, squeeze your kids! Call your siblings for a "just because" chat.
Thanks for reading!



No comments: