Sunday, August 13, 2023

August 2023

 I've been reading back over blogs from 2010.

 13 years ago!

Some laughter. Some tears. More and more tears.

13 years ago. Still had Bill. Still had Granny. Ralph, Roger. Dad. Stephen . Pictures of Becky without the ravage of loss.

So many changes.  So much loss.

We adjust. 

This past week, I  was in East Texas. Robbie had back surgery.  He is recovering quite well.

I painted the vanity  cabinet in Kathie's hall bathroom.  Robbie  coached me through re-installing the trim. Yay! Who knew *I * could use a NAIL GUN!! to hang trim? (It is  NOT perfect. If you need perfect, hire professionals!) Thankfully, when Becky took down the trim, she labeled where it came from!!

I took Mom and Kathie to town twice during the week I was there. Once to Longview, once to Tyler. FYI, Kohls  doesn't have electric  carts.  I pushed Kathie  in manual wheelchairs. It wore me out! 

I met Tommy and his Ruby in Terrell, Texas this morning.  Then drove home to Colcord.  It added an additional 200 miles to my drive, and I am worn out! Since arriving  home, I am  on my second  load of laundry.  Nickole  is angry, stomping and slamming  stuff around because I  won't  help her create a mask she wants. I bought stuff for her to use on her mask, but I  am too tired to work on it after almost nine hours of driving. When she asked for a specific  solution, my idea of twisting wires made her angry... and my refusal to engage further has really  made her angry.  It's  nearly  9 at night and I  don't  have it in me to participate in the mask project she started in  April at this moment. If I am the jerk right now, I  really  don't  care. I am exhausted. 

We are going to west Texas next weekend  for Stephen  Jones headstone being installed.  Nickole will spend week after next with Glynna.  Once she returns, we are having our Back To School... a solid 3 weeks later than  normal.




No comments: