Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Shopping is sooo fu-uh-uh-uhn

It's a well know fact of Tammy- I hate shoe shopping. Probably surprising to people who know that I detest bare feet- and 'flip flops' are the same as bare feet.
Over the weekend, Mr C needed new shoes. While he was shopping at a store that sells well made (PRICEY) shoes, I used their measuring tool on Nickole. It said she needs a 3.5 or 4 in "big kid" shoes. Her beloved rain boots were a 13, and the "galaxy" sneakers she has been wearing were 11.5. She does have a size 2.5 that are her 'least favorite'... but nothing larger.
We can't be spending $120+ on a pair of shoes she's going to out grow before they get broke in. So I took her shoe shopping today. This was the pair she begged for:
Image result for jojo siwa shoes



Her second choice:
Image result for jojo siwa shoesNeither pair good for running and playing. Neither good for every day, nor even dressy occasions. Maybe for PLAYING DRESS UP?
But, no. I am not paying more than $40 for clown shoes.
She tried to throw a fit in the store.  Same store Alana tried the same tactic in about 8 years ago! Same result.

I said put your old shoes back on and let's go.

I don't think she believed that I would leave without buying her what she wanted.

"SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? But we came here to buy me SHOES! YOU said I need shoes."
The whining and shouting got louder as I said "Seriously. You can pick a more practical pair of shoes that we can BOTH agree on, or we can go home."
I headed to the exit.
She suddenly decided she would rather look at other shoes than leave without any.

This is what she finally settled on, after a hard fought debate with herself on "Memory Foam Vs. light Up".

I'm still twitching.

No comments: