Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Almost Thanksgiving!

Let me start today's post with a big Happy Birthday to grandbaby Dakota Rose, who turned one year old on Sunday! Today is daughter-in-law Glynna's birthday- a happy birthday to her as well!

This year, I have seen so many people posting daily things that they are thankful for, on facebook and in other places. I still managed to let Thanksgiving sneak up on me... It is slightly more than a week away. I still haven't gotten a turkey, which is on my agenda for today. I really don't need too big of one, as it is only Tom and I and the twins Individuals. It isn't that we haven't been asked anywhere- we have been. But Tom works Thursday, so our meal will be late... or else on his lunch break. The elder kids all have plans of their own. With Mr C working, we cannot go anywhere... and no, he cannot get off, as others already have that day off.
With just the few of us, it is going to be pretty low key... just our traditional foods- most of which we keep onhand anyway. Other than the turkey, I need whipped topping and some turkey broth. (If anyone would care to join us, let me know! I assure you we will have plenty, even if you are last minute.)

Becky called me last night, asking if I had seen any of the petitions going around the Internet regarding various States desiring to leave the union of the United States of America.  Until she brought it to my attention, I had not. Now, I am hearing rumblings everywhere. The petitions actually have enough signatures to be credible- and Texas reserved the right to peacefully secede back when it joined the United States. However, I cannot see that the powers that be in the United States, would allow such a large portion of taxpayers to escape. Civil war would ensue...
I wish there were an easier way to depose a tyrannical government, but history proves there is not.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: