Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November 2012

Here we are at the tail end of 2012.  Hard to believe, isn't it?
Yesterday, my BIL Bob's first grandbaby was born. Since the baby is from his son, that makes little Leigha Mae Coder the very first Coder grandbaby as well. (Tom's sisters children/ grandchildren don't bear the Coder name. So far, Tom and I have Jones and Johnson grandchildren... no Coder grandbabies!)  Leigha Mae was born 11/5/12, at 4:59 pm, weighing 6 lbs. 3 oz. She is 19 inches tall.
Welcome to the family, Leigha Mae.
********
Connor and Alana spent the weekend with us. They were great! Connor picked up Daniel and Sam's juggling blocks, and was given a few pointers on juggling. By the time they left, he was getting so he could do it. To save Jennifer's house and Connor's feet from him trying to juggle canned goods as he learns, I made him a small set of juggling circles. I can't quite do "balls"... but made small round cloth sacks, filled with rice.
*********
My beautiful niece Laura Rose got married Saturday to her fiance, Chris Boles. Laura was joking with me that she is now Laura Rose Boles... like the New Year's football game! I didn't get to attend the wedding, but from the pictures I have seen, and descriptions, she was a beautiful bride! She is a beautiful girl by any account, any day. The glow of happiness was apparent on Saturday.
Congratulations, Laura and Chris! May you have many wonderful years together.
**********
Today is election day. We didn't drive by the polling place where I will be going to vote, but the places we did drive past had lines clear out the doors and around the buildings.
I'm glad I am wearing a sweater... I went back inside to get mine as we were leaving the house. Though it is warm enough indoors and in the car, I dislike leaving the house without proper weather gear. Probably a lesson learned from the times growing up when we broke down along the road.
**********
That's about all for today. Have a blessed week!
~Tammy~

No comments: