Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Don't be sad because it is over, smile because it happened...

and other things to keep oneself going after vacation!
I had a wonderful time visiting in Texas, although I did miss seeing several friends while there. As the family joke goes, it always rains when we visit. And it did.
The year's accumulated rainfall was at .75" before I arrived. In two days, they got 7.75 more inches.
This resulted in some flooding, but I don't think there were too many complaints about that!

I got to meet Miss Grace Remington Jones. What a sweet little girl. She weighed 9 lbs. 14 oz at her 4 week appointment.
I also got to go with Pya (Paula) to her midwife appointment. Her gluten free diet has dropped her protein spillage tremendously! Hooray for figuring out the natural way to fix an ailment!

Little Jasher is cruising... not quite ready to let go and actually walk... and not about to let anyone help him! Offer him your hand to help him walk, he turns to jelly legs.

Dakota Rose adores her new baby sister. Pretty much every waking moment is spent by Grace's side. She shares her toys and talks to Grace.

Kimber Ann enjoyed the company of cousin Alana. 
Alana was good with helping with her younger cousins. She helped fix hair, and played house. She helped Tyrel "build a fence" around the playhouse. Becky and I sat cringing in the house while Tyrel hammered a board Alana was holding into the ground. She never even flinched.

Tyrel is getting so big... and smart. And, funny as always. He told someone he was "Jones on the outside, but Coder on the inside."

We had Nickole for this past weekend, picking her up on our way back from Texas. I hope she had a good time. She was sick Saturday, and it rained virtually her entire visit, so we never ventured out. She was good at entertaining herself.
At one point she demanded to play "checkers". We don't have checkers, but she indicated the chess set. So Sam started trying to teach her to play "Chest". He explained the ways each piece could move, their purpose, and names.
Then he told her she could make the opening move. She opened with a CLASSIC defensive move... just the way every family member I know would of opened the game.
Sam's jaw pretty much dropped. he took a step back and says, "I am impressed. I MUST say, I AM IMPRESSED!"
I could hear Bill Joe laughing.

Nickole and I looked at old pictures. She was amazed I knew her daddy, and told me again and again he had died. (I know, sweetie, I know.) She was astonished to see him as a little boy. Funny how we tend to not ever think of our parents as ever being children. I showed her a few of Laura... one she thought was a picture of herself! She told me Laura is her other Mommy, her birth mother.

Today was back to work. I was told repeatedly how glad everyone is that I am back. (Not glad enough to lift 35 batteries for me, though!) None of the planograms were done while I was gone, so today was long... and so will tomorrow be. Today is longer, by a meeting I am required to attend at 8 pm tonight. That's close to my bedtime! Boss assures me it will be brief, but I am required to attend because we have some "shipping and receiving issues to go over." :(

I took a nap as soon as I got home. Had a shower later... but when I laid down to talk on the phone, I stiffened up and almost needed help to get up. MUST look for a less strenuous job... though Mr C seems in favor of me staying where I am.

I was delighted to get to see Chris, after almost 2 years. There are positive things happening in his life there. And things I am hoping he can overcome once he is out.

Tommy was back from Brasil. He had an AMAZING missions trip, and is hoping to go next month to an orphanage in Haiti. Then back to school in August. So far, a 4.0 GPA!

Dan and Sam are one week from 18 years old. Where has the time gone. We haven't made any big birthday plans. Is it too late for a surprise party?

Well, it is time for me to get ready to go back to work for the meeting. Have a blessed night and thank you for reading.

No comments: