Wednesday, December 2, 2015

*sigh of relief*

For the first time in weeks, I feel like I can relax ... if only mentally. We found, and were approved for, a place to rent.
We were left with very few options on what we could do, and still be out of here before the 18th. We had not found a place to buy, and just stopped focusing on buying for now. We will have one year to look- as we couldn't get a six month lease. The rental application process is a very trying experience in the modern era... a $30 PER PERSON application fee for those over 18. And we are ALL over 18. In a "happy coincidence" (as Aunt Jean would say, Divine Appointment), this property management company also manages a couple of properties for the people who have been our landlords for the past 10 years. When the management firm recognized their names as our former landlords, and spoke to them, we were able to do only TWO applications, rather than four.
I go sign paperwork on Friday morning. Tom will be signing on Monday, but this will give us the weekend to get started with some of the cleaning/ moving.
I know it *should* be clean when we move in, but I am squeamish and will need to clean it myself- at least the wiping of shelves and scrubbing of bathrooms. Since we have already been packing, I have a week to get stuff transported and unpacked as we go. A "slow move", rather than a fell swoop. One of the boys' bosses has kindly offered to let us use his truck and trailer next weekend.
The place is in town... it will certainly be an adjustment all the way around. Daniel and Sam have never lived in town.
I don't know when we will be moving our computer stuff over- or when I will have TIME to blog again.
Call me, or leave a comment if you need the new address. (Don't send us mail at the old address past the 9th or so.)
Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers!

No comments: