Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Ides of March

I made it OK through the difficult days. With less tears than I thought possible. I certainly felt the uplifting power of all the prayers and warm thoughts from my friends and family members.

Today is the first 'regular' day since the 10th. I have been busy with work, and then the weekend. (Weekend here includes Monday, when Tom and I run our errands.) The house goes downhill from Friday evening until Tuesday morning, so I have plenty to keep me busy today.
 I started the day with my coffee first. Then, I went to get dressed. Just as I am about to put my clothes on, I had the brilliant idea: WEIGH FIRST! That way, I will think I have lost weight, even if I haven't. (yeah, yeah. Mind games with myself!) I quickly went over to the scale and stood on it to see... I weighed exactly the same as I do clothed. I chided myself for the stupid idea, and then noticed... I had carried my clothes with me to the bathroom and held them while I weighed. DUH!
I had a good laugh at myself.

Once dressed, I started a load of laundry, and then loaded the breakfast dishes into the dishwasher, and started it. There weren't enough supper dishes to run a full load last night, so it is now musically washing away. Then, looking around the chaos left in the kitchen because I didn't get up and make breakfast for the guys, I decided I better make a good sized batch of morning foods. I am doing breakfast burritos, and sausage biscuits. And while I'm ambitiously standing at the stove, I put some eggs on to boil. Tom and the boys carry them as snacks at work. (11 biscuits, five big burritos, two THM wraps). (Jaffa and I shared a buttered biscuit. Totally NOT on the diet plan. But, in my defense, who can resist a golden brown crusty biscuit fresh and hot from the oven? at least I SHARED it!)
In the making of the morning meals, the freezer kept popping open. So I added cleaning out the freezer to my chores.  I found a forgotten ham bone, so looks like maybe we shall have lentils for supper tonight. Those who don't like ham (SAM!) can have another chicken leg quarter. (I cooked a huge batch of BBQ quarters on the grill last night, to carry for lunches or snacks.)

So, here it is, almost 11:00am. Chores are going, some things crossed from "to do" over to the "to done!" list. I'm having the last of the morning's coffee, while I type. Trying to decide whether I want to work on the kitchen clean up now, or tackle the dusting and vacuuming next. The kitchen is in worst shape, after just cooking two lbs of sausage and more than a dozen eggs, biscuits, and hash browns. Guess it wins the imaginary coin toss. I'll race the dog's bowels, and see if I can finish before he insists it is time for "our" walk.

Have a blessed day!

No comments: