Thursday, April 21, 2016

Checking In

I couldn't think of a title, as this is just rambling on about how life is going here.
Tomorrow is Tommy's 26th birthday. Not only this week, or this year has flown by, but the cumulative years just keep flowing on.
Tommy (Stephen Thomas) is still attending Christ For The Nations International (CFNI) in Dallas. This summer he will be helping out at a day camp for children. (Kids for the Nations? I can't remember its proper title.)

Next Friday would of been Bill's 34th birthday, and my PawPaw's 102nd. Paw was always so pleased to have a great grand baby born on his birthday!

This has been a run run run week. Tom got the garden (such as it is) planted over the weekend.  We have eight tomato plants, six jalapeno peppers, seven bell peppers, two tabasco peppers, and two squash- one each of yellow and zucchini. We had to put several of the peppers in containers, plus I have lettuce, spinach, radishes and carrots in containers. Sam started some tomatoes and peppers from seed... which I accidentally killed by leaving out on  frosty night. I replanted those, and now that they are up... we have no place to plant them! Looks like we may need more containers. (I also planted gallardia (Indian blanket) flower seeds. Those have also come up.)

Trim Healthy Mama has been slow going for me, but I am down TWO lbs. Tom fluctuates a lot, but mostly because he hasn't quit sugar... to the tune of ice cream every night, and pretty much whatever he wants when he wants it. I can cook THM desserts, but more often than not, they go to waste.

He does exercise, though. A whole lot. he gets up in the mornings and works out with weights. On his lunch break at work, he does walking, stairs, and other calisthenics. I just walk the dog. But the dog and I generally go about 3 miles every day. Yesterday, I met another, older lady who walked with me. Her name is Stella. We may be walking buddies. (I can use some real life friends!)

Mondays are Tom's and my grocery shopping/ errand days. Tuesdays generally see me going in the opposite direction to get our Aldi list.  I try to remember to pick up their sales flyer for next week when I go. Aldi's sales week starts on Wednesday... so when Dan saw the flyer Tuesday night, he requested I go back on Wednesday. He has been learning bike maintenance and repair... and one of the weekly deals for "this" week was a bicycle maintenance stand. As long as I was all the way back down in Siloam, I hit up the thrift shops. I got some summer clothes for myself, but my biggest "score" was a carafe for my blender. It was marked $4.05... but that colored tag was 75% off! So I got it for $1.01. I'm quite pleased.

That's about all from around here. Thanks for reading.


No comments: