Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May begins... 2016 version

Tomorrow is Star Wars Day! May the fourth be with you!
I am still waiting to hear if Nickole is going to come visit for the summer... giving Glenn a much needed break to rest and recuperate. If I hear in time, I can enroll Nickole in a summer dance class. If the class fills up before I hear, there is still a lot of stuff to do around here. I guess this is an advantage to living in town? Library has summer reading programs, plus weekly outdoor activities being offered. There is a pool in town, several nice parks. Bentonville has the Amazeum.   If she brings her bicycle, the boys will fix me up on one of their bikes, so we can ride together. There is walking the dog every day, there is a skateboard park, and a nature trail within a block of the house here. The field behind the house is chock full of blackberry and raspberry bushes, so we can make jelly. The other cousins will all try to visit when they can, as well.

Tom and I got my bench repainted.
 I can't remember if I showed everyone the finished picture of my refurbished giant rocking chair:
 Here is the garden. Not so big! The squash in the foreground are planted in the filled in pit that was in the yard when we moved in. You can see the end of the neighbor's boat, as well as a portion of the field behind the neighborhood.


The patio has all the stuff piled on it from the lawn being freshly mowed.

The weather is cool this week... so cool that I had to get the comforter back out of the closet and put it back on the bed! It won't be long before the brunt of summer hits, though. So we are enjoying this while we can.


Here is a picture of the front of the house. I love my hanging baskets!

No comments: