Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November's End

Yes, I am still alive!
This month has both flown by, as well as dragged on- if that is possible. I was surprised to see Thanksgiving items marked down at the grocery store... Ii was an effort to remember that yes, indeed, we are past Thanksgiving.
It was just Tom and I and the twins for the meal here. I prepared as if there were still a double fist of us to feed... but made a smaller turkey, and fewer pies. Mom and Ralph had dinner with Robbie, Dad, and Kathie, but came up the next day... bringing us more pies! (As well as a bedroom suite that Dad and Kathie have been holding for me for a number of years now.)

The house is starting to come together. I got the kitchen painted, a pegboard hung to store my cast iron on, a couple of shallow shelves above the pegboard to help alleviate the clutter on top of the fridge. We got bright LED lights in most of the darker spots that already had lights. (Still need my budding electrician to install some lights in the really dark places!)

I got a few pictures and art hung on the walls. Despite following the exact instructions on the 3M Command (R) strips, several items have fallen. One frame broke into bits... :( I will be having to decide exactly where things will live and use a few discrete nails to hang items up. The walls are already full of hundreds of holes from the previous owner's 30+ years of incessant over decorating.

The internet here really stinks... our "hotspot" is a mildly tepid spot on its best day. We have applied for and paid the installation fee for the fiber optic internet to be installed- they say it will be between February and June.

Tommy graduates CFNI December 9th!

No comments: