Thursday, June 7, 2018

Homesick and/ or Bored

Today, Nickole and I drove Alana back home. Nickole informed Alana that she was leaving this weekend.
Which was news to me... Because, we have made zero arrangements to either take her back, or meet anywhere. In fact, Nickole actually has a salon appointment Saturday to have her artificial nails removed. I was told (by Nickole) they are "tips", and I thought they could be trimmed off. Actually, they are full acrylic nails with "french tip" paint. (Alana had to explain that to me!) I had asked for information on trimming the nails.
I learned that these have to be professionally trimmed. Or "filled in". Or removed. I called the salon recommended by a local person who keeps her nails done professionally. The manicurist I spoke to told me she will NOT put these nails on a child and strongly cautions parents against having it done at all. But she can take them off, so we have an appointment Saturday. ($40!!!) (Who can afford these things?)
Nickole doesn't want to learn her math, and told me "it doesn't matter, as (she) will have a new teacher for 4th grade and the new teacher will be teaching different math".
I have explained repeatedly, she HAS TO learn the basic math skills. The foundation skills of adding and subtracting- all the "different math" is based on being able to add and subtract. Two (or three) (and counting) meltdowns later, she wanted to call her Mom. Alas, her phone is out of data. So I called and spoke to her Mom. I said we COULD bring her back, but strongly suggest that she leave her here to learn the math.  Nickole talked to Mommy. Much begging and crying later ....She's staying awhile yet. ( I think she was surprised her crying didn't get her her own way). She's happy as a clam at the moment. Cowgranny ignores the tears and lets her wear herself out- tears and fit throwing simply do NOT work on Cowgranny or Umpaw.
 We are grilling salmon for supper tonight. There were only 4 pieces in the package, so my plan is to let Nickole have a  (kosher) grilled beef hot dog and Mac and cheese, and fresh fruit (on a lettuce leaf). Then most everyone will have a nice meal.  (The rest of us will have potatoes and salad with ours.)

No comments: