Tuesday, June 5, 2018

A few updates from our house

Good morning... (or whatever greeting is suitable for your time frame!)

First off, Thank you for the prayers! Dad is out of the hospital and doing well. I haven't blogged in a few days. During the time Dad was hospitalized, my (step) Mom Kathie got very sick and was also hospitalized. Dad was actually released a couple of days before Kathie. She is now home as well. I am shocked to learn Dad is actually back to driving!

Yesterday, we went and got Alana for a visit. Her summer is so packed, there wasn't many opportunities for her to get to come. I am thinking she and Nickole and I may do an art project today, and a field trip tomorrow. We have to take Alana back Thursday.

*Sigh*
I posted a packing list for the kids to bring to visit. I failed to make clear a few things, I guess.  For one thing, it would be helpful if the clothes actually fit the child.
Secondly, the clothes should be seasonally appropriate. A winter skirt of heavyweight material isn't comfortable when the temperatures are in the 90*'s and higher. I know I specified bringing one long sleeved shirt or light jacket. To bring mostly long sleeved tops for a summer visit wasn't what I envisioned.
"Mom's friend's dress" really didn't need to come. Two pair of shoes (of four brought) do not fit. ("But they ARE cute! Don't you think they are cute, Cowgranny?")
Three pair of shorts that are too small to pull up are not helpful.

I've got two large drawers crammed full of clothes, and a child who basically has nothing to wear.

We have been having a pretty good visit. Smore's over the grill. Hula hoops and bubbles. Art projects. Wading in the creek. (And of course, some "summer school" to bring up failing math grades!)

The wild blackberries are not *quite* ripe. The local fruit orchard was hit too hard by the late frosts, and won't have any peaches this year, but may have other fruits in July.

No comments: