Friday, February 15, 2019

February, still.

How can the shortest month of the year feel like the longest? I don't know.
(Since my Texas trip, I think I have left the house three times, so that might account for it.) We have had many forecasts from the weather guessers, predicting snow and/ or ice. Thus far, we really haven't had much more than a dusting.
I am grateful that we have all remained well! Our local grocery store had two managers running the entire (small) store, as all their employees were out sick. Even the one manager checking us out was working ill! (Bad idea, how many more people were exposed? But in a corporate world, he had little choice.) Our local school called off today, Monday and Tuesday to disinfect their entire school and give those out sick opportunity to recover. They asked people if they are sick, to PLEASE not return until they are well.
I have a nice supper planned for tonight. Roasted root veggies (beets, carrots, onions) with mushrooms, butternut squash (& whatever else we have on hand) with baked stuffed chicken, with a cheese sauce. (Deciding on stuffing ingredients. Spinach, onion, + something for crunch)
   I made some simple GF peanut butter cookies this afternoon. Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free... not too bad. I don't care for a chewy cookie, but the taste isn't bad. I'm thinking of making a filling and turning them into whoopie pies, to feel more like a dessert. (The filling may not be DF, SF, we will see what I can do). The link above is the recipe I sort of used- it said honey or cane sugar could be used, but I used coconut sugar. It worked.
  Monday is the blood drive that the twins and I have been participating in for several years now. The blood Bank never fails to call me- I didn't realize how relatively rare O- (universal donor) blood is. Only about 7% of the US population is O-. When you read down the list of constraints AGAINST donating blood at all, it's no wonder they call! Types of medications you take, recent piercings and tattoos can all be reasons they cannot accept a donation. I encourage those of you who CAN donate blood of ANY type, to do so. And pray over your donation! Life and Health to the recipient.

Grand daughter Alana is selling Blue & Gold (sausage, bacon, breaded chicken) as a fundraiser to get new uniforms for her high school band! Contact me if you are interested and I will get you in touch with her. (Orders must be in by 2/22). (2lb. sausage $7; 3 lb. bacon $16;  5lb. bag breaded seasoned chicken $21)

We are 10 days from grand daughter Nickole's 10th birthday! If you need her address to send her a card, contact me. Her birthday is the 25th.
May your day be blessed. Remember to lift up others in prayer, the unlovely as well as the beloved!

1 comment:

Truth said...

These are my favorite GF peanut butter cookies. No flour.https://13recipes4me.blogspot.com/2010/10/another-peanut-butter-cookie-recipe.html