Friday, June 7, 2019

Camp CowGranny 2019: Plans

We are headed into "Camp CowGranny" next week. It is our (try for annual!) get together of the mine and Tom's grandkids, to hopefully help the cousins build stronger bonds with one another.

This year, we plan to have it at Becky's house... because she has more sleeping space, and because there are LITTLE cousins that need to be home at night. Seems like a great plan at the moment- we have has 2.5 inches of rain since last night, and it's still pouring.
There has been more rain than usual in Becky's area as well. They still have green grass- and it's already JUNE!
 I'm not even taking the tent. I don't have room to haul it. Mr C wanted me to drive the truck, but I have 3 kids to haul, and we won't all fit. Sam is graciously allowing me to use his car.

I pick Alana up in the morning. We drive to my folks place in East Texas. Seneca is meeting us there with Gavin. From there, we stop in Dallas- Tommy has something to send to Becky, plus I need a hug from my kids when I can get them! From Dallas, the planned route is through Glenrose to Ballinger, to Ben's. He has a shindig planned for Sunday afternoon.

Most of our 'plans' have already been thwarted. The Bat Cave at Mason- you have to ford a river to get to it... and for one thing, the river is flooded. The Bat Cave is closed at this time. It doesn't say WHY, but likely due to the Mommy bats being on maternity leave. So there went that plan!
I had hoped to visit the pictographs in Paint Rock. That proved to be too pricey for our group- for something the kids would only find mildly interesting and reluctantly attend. Even the museums are pretty proud with their entry fees.

So! Swimming at Becky's. Wading at Ben and Paula's. The Abilene Zoo. MAYBE we can visit a Fire Station and see real fire trucks up close? We are flexible. Arts and Crafts. Parks and picnics. Lots of "free play" time for the cousins to just hang out. I will try for pictures. My camera has been terrible lately. (It was cheap when I bought it 4+ years ago!)

 It's supposed to be cooler than the normal Texas temperatures- mid 80's instead of low 100's.  Becky and I were just making meal plans... some stuff we leave til last minute!

Becky and I have been trying to think of "cabin" arrangements. Her upstairs has a boys bedroom, and a girls bedroom, with their "classroom" in between.
Granny will have a bed in the classroom to keep havoc to a minimum.
Alana will sleep next door with Teresa. Nickole will share a room with Kimber and Dakota. Gavin will share Tyrel's room.
The little girls, Grace, Althea, and Katie will sleep in the little girls' bedroom.
That leave Jasher as "odd one out". Not sure if he should sleep upstairs in the classroom near me & the big kids, as that implies he is a big boy (Which he clearly considers himself to be!).. or downstairs with the Little girls, as he is closer to their ages.
I don't want to put him in the room with the 12 year old boys without very close supervision.

No comments: