Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Didja Miss Me?

We are back from our Ohio trip. I didn't announce it on the blog or Facebook, since there was no one here to guard the casa. Even had a couple of blogs set to "auto-post" while I was gone. So, first up... Becky informs me that this was Her and Stephen's SIXTH wedding anniversary, not 5th. I stand corrected!

We had a great visit with family, and I even got to drive down to the southern part of the state and meet a long-time internet friend, Heather. She is the mother of seven girls. So far, none of our kids are matched up like Becky and Stephen were. Heather was really sweet, and a real person... not a troll nor axe murderer looking to stuff my body into a barrel in her woods. (My BIL suggested THAT charming scenario!)


As usual, we did a lot of hiking. Tom spent several day-trips at his brother's house, doing the small chores that his brother was neglecting in order to spend time with us after work. The boys went over with Tom a few times to fish, and to swim in the beautiful little lake across the road from his front yard.

On one of  their excursions over to BIL's, my MIL and I went to town ourselves. We visited a craft mall and a huge antique mall, as well as a Glass Factory Outlet. I got several "sandwich" plates, as this is the size plate almost everyone here reaches for rather than a "dinner" plate. Instead of picking a pattern... I chose all different plates. I have a nice variety to use for dishes on the food blog! It was a lot of fun for both of us.

Monday was the 13+ hour drive home. THAT wasn't all that fun. We made good time though, arriving just 13 hours and 5 minutes after leaving my MIL's house. It normally takes us 13 and a half hours, minimum. But we didn't take time out to "stop and eat"... instead having drive-thru McDonald's for breakfast, and a quick put together sandwich at a rest area while walking the dogs and having a potty break.

Tuesday I was right back to work, and actually ended up having a full day on the job, instead of three or 4 hours. Then there was grocery shopping, cooking supper, and starting endless loads of laundry. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I interrupted my walk after work today to have a nap!

For supper tonight, I plan on having the boys grill some chicken breast, and siding it with some Spinach and Mushroom Salad. (Maybe we will even grill the bacon for the salad... hmmm?)

I was just too tired to make it to the library today, so that is on tomorrow's agenda.

Have a blessed day, Thanks for reading!

No comments: