Tuesday, September 3, 2013

September Starts

I began the month with a quick trip.... er... slip! We had a stray rain shower find its way to our house on Sunday afternoon. It was a very warm day and I was going to grill wings and some baked beans, so the house didn't heat up. There had been no sign of rain until I was ready to cook. It wasn't raining hard, but the back steps were slick. I had the beans in their foil pan balanced on top of the raw wings, and headed out the door. Ducking down a bit to shelter the food with my torso, I slipped right off the top step onto my sitty downer. I hit the edge of the second step with my pelvic bones and the bottom step bruised my tailbone! Happily, I didn't hit hard enough to break anything... and I didn't drop the food! Sam had opened to door for me and showed the good grace to be alarmed and caring, rather than falling over laughing.

Last week, Dan had been cruising YouTube for videos of people demonstrating how to play some songs he wanted to learn on his guitar. He and Sam drove over to Bentonville and picked up lesson forms to apply to take guitar (Sam was thinking Viola/violin) lessons.
I'm sure it was one of the 'cookies' that the ad-ware monitoring our computer use supplied that caused an advertisement for a homeschool guitar course on DVD to appear on my facebook page. I clicked on the advertisement to see what was being offered.

After checking out the course online and looking at various buying options, Daniel decided it was far more practical to buy this course than to take four half- hour lessons per month... and the course was about the same cost as two months worth of lessons... and that wasn't even counting gas to get to the lessons!

The Gibson Guitar Course arrived today. Dan started at the beginning- lesson one, though he is already familiar with the bare bones the first lesson covered. He didn't want to miss anything! I am not sure, but he has done at least two lessons since lunchtime, perhaps three. He is delighted.

Mr C told me a couple of days ago, Dan is becoming a better player than he is... and Mr C has been playing for 30ish years. Dan has been at it about a year, completely self taught, other than the basics Mr C taught him.

My nephew Tony and his wife Cami welcomed their second daughter on Friday- naming her Paisley Grace. I THINK it brings my parents count of great grands up to 14. I may of missed someone.

Tomorrow will be back to work for me, after my long weekend. (The warehouse folks and truck drivers for OReilly got Monday off, so no freight today, so I got to be off!) I will surely be paying for it the rest of the week! I imagine I will be doing pretty close to eight hours a day between now and my next days off.

I cooked up a batch of beans yesterday. Tonight, the leftovers shall be transformed into either enchiladas or burritos... I have yet to decide. I am thinking enchiladas with corn tortillas- which I haven't made in years.

Guess that's all the news I can use! Be blessed and thanks for reading!

No comments: