Thursday, September 12, 2013


I have been released by the ENT doctor, and also by my regular doctor in regards to not having a voice. The ENT  (Different doctor, same office) stuck a camera up my snoot and down my throat and had another look he saw no damages and knows of no reason why I don't have a voice (or much of one/ odd sounding one). He did say he could send me to speech therapy, and suggests I "learn to speak in a higher register". I laughed, I really did. The Monty Python skit I wish to report a burglary came immediately to my mind. I have tried to speak in a higher register, but I just cannot manage it without a very bad phony English accent. Makes me laugh even thinking about it. The ENT says my voice might, or might not ever come back.
My regular Doctor, Doc Benjamin, is hopeful that it will. While releasing me from care on the accident, he did say if the case needs to be revisited, he will do it. Meanwhile, we both felt that perhaps the voice isn't healing due to gagging gallons of sinus drainage... it is ragweed season! He put me on an inhaled allergy medicine, and two different OTC allergy meds- one for morning and one for evening. While both are SUPPOSED to be 24 hour products, neither actually helps for 24 hours. Because they work in different ways, they CAN be taken the same day.
I hope they do start working soon!

Today was oil day. I went to the library in Gentry afterwards... less than 1/2 mile away from O'Reilly's and by the time I parked, I could barely get out of the car. Stiffness set in so fast! I got my books, got home, and had to hoist myself up the steps with the porch railing. I was moving so stiffly, Mr C got me some Advil and water. Looks like a nap may be necessary! But first, get my work jeans on to wash so I will have clothes for the rest of the week, and then stand in a hot shower! (Hmm, maybe stand in the hot shower in my work jeans and kill two stones with the same bird!)

Speaking of hot water, Tuesday I got home from work needing a shower before going to my appointment with Doc Ben, and learned Dan had discovered a spewing pipe leaving the hot water heater. Calls had been placed, water to the tank turned off, and no shower was to be had.

The plumber showed up and fixed the leak while I was gone to Doc Ben's.

The fellow (Contractor) who was SUPPOSED to show up to measure the back door for a brand new door (promised/ planned by the landlord over 18 months ago) didn't arrive until 8:30 PM last night. (He was scheduled for between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm on TUESDAY!) After taking his measurements, he kept telling Mr C about all the options and needs and so forth, and Tom told him repeatedly- IT IS NOT UP TO US! He says he will be back in a week or two to actually install a new back door. The whole new door thing has been the landlords idea for quite some time. There are a number of OTHER things this house needs that would be far more practical  to spend money on than a pretty new door. But, it isn't up to us.

Meanwhile, you know how I like to add pictures to my blog. This is my favorite that Becky has taken in awhile!

1 comment:

Truth said...

Now that is one awesome birth announcement!