Thursday, March 8, 2018

Get Back Up Again

Taken on my walk, before I fell
I have spent a few days recovering from my fall. Today is my "trial" day of going without the arm and ankle braces. So far I have done fine, though the arthritis has still not let up. THAT was bothering me before the fall, so I can't complain too much. Tomorrow is my regular work day, so I shall wear a light brace on the ankle, just on general principle. I'd like to hike back to the scene, but I won't do that today.
Instead, I have laundry going. I have scrubbed the bathroom and put Mop n Glo on the floor. I am waiting for it to dry. I emptied the bathroom trash, and noticed the plastic liner to my elderly rattan basket/ trash can was looking really bad. I started scrubbing out the plastic liner, and realized the liner had a hole in it. (In it's former life, it was a basket that held a potted plant). Instead of scrubbing holey plastic, I just removed it. Then, the notion took me, I COULD repaint the rattan. It has been the same shade of forest green since we lived in Marlow, when I painted the natural rattan to match my stenciled ivy in my bathroom. We moved from Marlow 14 years ago this week.
 I hied myself out to the well house, where my stash of partially used cans of spray paint reside. HMMMM. My choices were the same shade of green, bright red, navy blue, flat black.... and hidden behind it all, a bit of the seafoam green I got when I painted my bulletin board frame last year. Seafoam it is!
I love spray paint!
 I am trying to stay busy and creative.  This week is six years since Bill Joe's death. The day before the  March 10th anniversary has been the hardest for me every year. It was the last time I got to talk to Bill Joe. I don't know why that is harder for me, but there it is.
Tomorrow is the three year mark of the date Daniel and Samuel were dumped off in the rain, in the woods on a mountain in Georgia.

( I can't tell you how nervous this picture makes me... especially now! It was several weeks into their hike of the Appalachian Trail, I believe it is McAfee Knob.)

Well, the floor is dry, and the bathroom has to be reassembled, so I am cutting this short! Thanks for reading!

No comments: