Thursday, March 1, 2018

That time of year....

It is that time of year. I have to focus on positive things, like grand daughter birthdays and the coming of Spring. Happy 9th birthday to Nickole, on February 25th, and a WOW! I can't believe you are going to be 15 in just a few days! to Alana. Her birthday is March 5th. My Dad's *39th* birthday is the 6th. (It's the 44th anniversary of his 39th birthday.)
Alana. Photo by TJ Jones

Nickole

My Dad, Robert 


Changes are coming to my life and I don't necessarily deal well with change. I may be doubling my days of work, from two days to four days a week. I have no idea yet what my new duties would be, or whether I would still be washing dishes. Several people have given notice at work, and there are many openings.
Daniel almost has his in depth application to SAFD completed. I think I am stressed about him moving away- I will have to find that "new normal" again.
 We have been planning our garden for the year. Here it is, the first day of March. I am eternally pessimistic about winter being over with, at least until some time in May... I have seeds to start and little starter pots to get them going in, yet I haven't actually planted the seeds. I keep expecting a blizzard to creep up on us.
Sam's bees are beginning to forage on the nicer days. He is feeding them again, breaking the winter seal of the hives to add food to the trays.
It looks like we are in for another rainy week. At least we haven't had all the rain at once!

No comments: