Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Blog-aversary to PB4UGO!

It has been five years since Becky told me I should be writing a 'real blog' rather than my sometimes rants over on the blog feature of MySpace.
Here I am still. Mostly pointless drivel, just goings ons in my life. I love reading about what is going on with my kids, family, and friends on their blogs. Even just keeping up on Facebook.

Thank you all for being such great sports.

A couple of months back, Mr C had the pay TV turned off. Too much expense for too little return. I don't think it has bothered any of us too much, except for when some sporting events are on. This morning, Mr. C has set out to procure an old fashioned rooftop TV antennae. I doubt he will be able to put it up today, as it is blowing a gale outside. Not to mention snowing. Oh wait, I did mention snow, didn't I, in saying not mentioning it? Yes, it is snowing. Not much, but still. It is MARCH 24... and we live in the SOUTH.

Yesterday and the day before, I worked some extra hours at O'Reillys. I got to do two major planograms that were three weeks past due. BossMan wanted to get with me and discuss changing my position within the store from freight to planograms. We never quite got around to having that discussion. I don't mind doing the freight. I really enjoy doing planograms. However, the last week, I have been on steroids. Short term steroids. Two days left to go on them. This morning I feel like I was dragged through a rock patch by the hair of my head. I don't know that I can handle doing planograms all the time.
 I was laughing Friday afternoon as I removed products from the shelf, turned, bent, placed them in a tote. Reached for more products, turned, bent, placed them in a tote. Repeat/reverse x6 hours. I laughed because the nurse at the doctors office says ones job does NOT count as getting exercise.

We are one month out from our next planned venture to Ohio. This will be the first time we have stayed in any of the rental cabins. I'm looking forward to getting to spend time with Becky and the kids, as well as meeting nephew Luke's baby Leigha. I have been trying to keep an eye out for inexpensive little items to entertain the kids on the loooooonnngggg ride up there. When my kids were little, I would try to make up little games for the trip. Car bingo- where you watch for different items on your list. You see many interesting things out the car windows when you are observant!
(A guy walking down the access road with a bird in a birdcage?)

Daniel and Sam are planning an adventure with Tommy in a couple of weeks. They plan to meet out at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and spend a day hiking. Tommy's first trip there was the day after he was born. Of course, I just sat out in the sunshine with him while the kids ran and played, but it was his first trip. This will be Daniel and Sam's first solo drive beyond local limits. Almost six hours away, through two major cities. I'm nervous.

Guess that's all the news for now. Have a blessed day and Thank you for reading!

No comments: