Wednesday, June 3, 2009

rain(wo)man

Ever since I have been coming to Nola's house (My DD's MIL), it has rained when I have showed up. Not necessarily ME... but Tom, the twins... any of our family not LIVING here.

Rain in the dry west Texas caliche.

The road was passably dry when I came in yesterday afternoon- drying out from .2 rain two days before my arrival. Storms threatened... but they have had a 50% chance of rain many times, and not gotten a drop.

The storms gathering around began to look serious, so Becky called a friend who lives up the highway a bit, and got permission for me to leave the (non 4 wheel drive) car at her house. Good thing. We had STORMS last night, and they got 1.5 inches of rain. I'd never have been able to get the car the 3 miles from the house to the nearest paved road... the highway.

My DD and her family live in some serious boonies.

We will be heading out fairly early tomorrow... we have to have someone take us up to the car. Someone with 4 wheel drive!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Truth said...

We've had unusual rain for awhile now. I don't get where it is coming from, but I like the green.