Thursday, June 25, 2009

Back on track...

Ben and I returned from Becky's yesterday. It was far too short a visit with Tommy and Stephen. Heck, even our visit with Becky and Ty were too short. Tyrel is beginning to speak so clearly. I asked him if he could say "Tyrel". He said "Tyr-eh". I asked him id he could say Jones... and he says, quite clearly "Jone". Pretty good for someone who is a full month from being two years old.

Ben and I detoured slightly from our route house. We go right by the exit to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. Since the kids practically grew up out there, Ben and I just HAD TO have a side trip through there. We didn't get out and hike- it was 103* But we did stroll around the top of Mt Scott. I sure miss " home".

When we did get house, I relaxed and visited with Mr C and the twins for a little while before heading off to bed. I was in bed by 9:00... and didn't even stir until 9:15 this morning. I don't even think I rolled over in my sleep. Daniel asked if we could go to the library. Mr C called with a list of grocery requests. So we headed off to run errands.

One of the twins discovered I had Tyrel's mock-Croc's still in my car. I also had Becky's magnet still in the car. On our way to take Becky home, we took the realllllllly long route- down 59/259 along Oklahoma's eastern edge. We stopped and saw the Heavener Runestone. What a route to West Texas! We stopped in to see my Dad and Kathie, and my Mom and Ralph, who were at Dad's. After visiting a couple of hours, we headed off into the sunset. Literally. We arrived at Becky's at midnight.
The stars. Oh my. How many people realize there are still so many stars to be seen? I could of stayed out there for hours... if I weren't dead in my tracks. I didn't sleep too well... every little sound woke me. But I did get a nap the next day. Good thing, since we all stayed up until midnight+ again. We were on the road by 7:00 on Monday and on Wednesday. Counting Saturday, we have put in about 2200 miles of driving over 5 days.

No wonder I slept 12 hours.

I had to make laundry detergent this afternoon. Mt Washmore is underway. Becky had to make detergent and get on her Mt Washmore as well... though she may of done that yesterday while Ben and I were on the road. Meal plans this week include Granny's Garden Vegetable Saute, hamburgers on the grill, chicken alfredo, spinach mushroom salad, pulled pork.

Tomorrow, it is back to Oreilly's!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Nope, I didn't get laundry soap made. I did get the bedroom cleaned and the kithen sparkly. I was going to make laundry soap today, but I went to town with Nola instead. So I REALLY need to tonight or tomorrow. I'll make Tommy make me do it tonight.