Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer!

This is the last day of JUNE. Already!
I was supposed to get Connor and Alana (two of my grandkids) this week. Their mother decided to postpone their visit. Which isn't great- I had this week all cleared and plans made. Instead, it looks like we will clean house. It really needs it. Ben had it all nice and neat when we came home from Ohio. Since then... clutter has begun to accumulate.

Yesterday, Dan and Sam and I picked blackberries. Then Dan and I made jelly. Some of my most important canning supplies were no place to be found. We looked and looked for the canning colander, and the pestle that goes with it. Those are handed down from my grandmother! I also couldn't find the "jar sleeve" and the jar lifter, and the rack for the bottom of the pressure cooker. (My kids always called it 'the holey frisbee'.... and it gets looked for every canning season!) We made do with other items in the kitchen, and the jelly jelled this year! (I did forget to skim it, though.)
We have enough berries to make another batch... except for jars. I may do it with the jars on hand... I have five pretty jelly jars left from the case, and can use an old recycled jar for what is left- or an actually 'jelly jar glass' and then seal that the old fashioned way, with Gulf Wax.

With one month and three days left, I have yet to make ANY plans for our 25th anniversary. I haven't figured out a gift, made any plans for a getaway or a party of any kind. Maybe we will go to Callahan's for dinner or something.

I only planned to sit at the computer long enough to finish my tea... and I just drank the last swallow. Hmmm- do I fix another cup or get off right now? (The second cup won out.)

Have a blessed day today!

No comments: