Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What to do?

I have a matter I ask you all to pray with me about.
I haven't got to see Grandson 1.3 in six years. Neither have grandchildren 1.1 and 1.2 seen their brother in this time.
Opportunity knocks- he is supposed to be a mere 6 hours away the second weekend in July. Plans were laid for Camp CowGranny to be the 10-17 of July... getting to have at least 8 of the grands together at that time. Returning the more far flung grands the weekend of July 18, when we were all to meet up in East Texas on another family matter... Kathie's birthday. Yes, the cat has been let out of the bag. Ultimately it was I who loosed the kitty. More on that later...

Anyway, finances have been REALLY tight, and we have a major cross country trip we MUST make- to pick up the twins in Maine.
Mr C says I can't afford to have Camp CowGranny this year... especially with needing to go to East Texas on the 18th.
I want to see my grandkids... together! I want them to have the opportunity to play with their cousins.
I am wondering if maybe an alternate plan can be made... me taking 1.1 and 1.2 and 2.1, and camping at the wildlife refuge the weekend of the 11/12th. Meeting 1.3, and all the 3.X's there. It would be just a couple of nights... and much depends on 1.3 actually showing up.

I ask prayers for what to do, and that SOMETHING be worked out.

About Kathie's birthday. She had realized Dad was likely to be planning something- but she really didn't know. She had suggested a venue... which led several of us to believe she knew about the party. Since Dad wasn't keen on the venue... I thought it best to come right out and clear things up. I am sorry I spoiled the surprise...

And I am hoping that I will be able to attend at all... any of the events planned/ hoped for in July.
Thoughts, anyone?

No comments: