Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Almost Summertime

I have been trying to co-ordinate with various parental units of my grandchildren, and my Mr C regarding our "Camp Cowgranny" plans for this summer. So far, there is no plan!
I have one who is in a wedding in early June. Another who has all of June already booked. Another has late  July (Early August?) taken up. Two of them I have no idea when they even get out of school. Several other kids have lingering coughs that don't need to be passed around. My daughter/ camp co-chairperson is hoping to get moved into the bigger house before having kids for the summer.
We are trying to have the traveling spread among the participants so that no one is imposed on too much.
Mr C is going to Ohio June 30- July 9th. If he takes his truck, we MIGHT be able to squeeze in ONE kid, sitting close between us.
Other considerations: Becky and I both have major gardens we have to take care of.
I am unaware of other 'blackout' dates for any specific grandchild, so let me know.

I am considering seeing if one of our "hostage exchanges" can be at The Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, and how many we can get together there for a couple of nights... and call it "Camp Cowgranny" for this summer. It wouldn't even necessarily have to be at the WMWR. Then let a couple of kids at a time come visit us for longer periods.

Here's what I was thinking:
 Plan A:
 I can meet Nickole's driver at the half-way point, and have her for a couple of weeks. Then meet Gavin's driver at my Mom's in East Texas, and have Becky meet me there. I take Gavin and Tyrel. Becky takes Nickole. We meet at the WMWR a week or two later, and camp with all who can come. I bring Kimber and Dakota back, and Nickole goes back to her own home, having spent time with me, as well as her cousins (at Becky's). If Connor and Alana are ready, they can camp at the WMWR with everyone, then follow Becky back home. This would let Connor have the road trip experience he was wanting. Gavin can come back from Becky's with Connor and Alana. Jennifer and Seneca can co-ordinate on Gavin's return, and Tom and I would still be figuring out returning Dakota and Kimber.
This leaves out the littles all together... Grace, Katie, Althea, Jasher (and too small to care Milo!) except for the possible campout at the WMWR (or where ever).

Plan B:
Jennifer & Seneca get Gavin up here. I get him back- or at least halfway. Most of the swapping would be in July that way. Becky has to be in Dallas/ East Texas around the end of July, so a swap out could happen around then.

Plan C:
Camp Cowgranny here on my property at some point during the week of July 14- 22nd. Come all who can. This would include littles if they can be delivered here.
Let the discussions begin!

No comments: