Friday, May 25, 2018

Getting Nothing Accomplished

What did I do today? I got off to an early start at about 5:15. The poultry were released into their pen and fed. I got dressed and got my bed made. I even managed to get my shoes on. After several uncomfortable moments, I decided shoes were bearable.
Camp Cowgranny swapping was batted around among several of us on Facebook. I can't see actually getting to have everyone at the same time. It's just too much to co-ordinate. Maybe next summer, I should say Camp CowGranny is from This Date to This Date! Be here... or miss out!  If I had known sooner I would be disabled and unemployed this summer, I could of done it this year. *sigh*
I finished a letter to my cousin, got it ready to mail. Talked to my Mom, and to Becky. Then to Mr C. I had decided on Reuben sandwiches for supper, as I had a corned beef brisket left in the freezer. I asked Mr C to bring home rye bread. We decided it would be a better bet on rye bread for me to go to Siloam than for him to find any in Gentry.

So, I was gathering my going to town stuff and heading to the door when Sam called. He asked if I could feed him and a couple of his co-workers. Normally, they carry their lunches Monday through Thursday, and eat out on Friday. However, today they were working quite near our house. The only restaurant near them seemed "sketchy" (Sam said.) So, I agreed. A quick look at what can I make with what I have... had me deciding to go ahead QUICKLY to town and get the stuff on my list, plus something for lunch. I decided on trying Tommy's Basil Chicken recipe. I hurried to town and back. All I needed for making that was some chicken that was already thawed.

I scurried around making lunch. I made some tea- and then discovered I had NO ICE. None! Apparently someone had used what the machine had accumulated, and pushed it to "off" inadvertently.
The Basil chicken was good. I just used about a tablespoon of the chopped Thai peppers, as opposed to the quarter cup or so Tommy had used in his. I didn't want to make it too hot in case one of Sam's co-workers didn't like spicy food. This was a good thing, because it was still pretty much too hot for one guy. Plus, he didn't want egg on top of his. He is likely very hungry right now, because he apparently doesn't like salad, nor beets, nor mandarin oranges, all of which were options on the table.

When Sam showed up, he had one more co-worker than I had been counting on, so I barely made enough for the four of them.

My day was thrown for an interesting loop, and I just never got back on track. My arm has decided I am over-doing, and been having spasms all day.  I sat at the computer and calculated driving distances and halfway points. I pinned patterns for children's clothes on Pinterest. I pinned backyard games and play spaces. Crafts to do with kids. I'm psyching myself up!

I did the corned beef for the Rubens in my Instant Pot. Ran the dishwasher. I feel like I have accomplished nothing!


No comments: