Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Surprised!

In my last post, I was grumbling about the anticipated grouchiness of my boss upon his return from vacation. I was honestly ready to quit if given any grief when I got to work Tuesday.

My was I surprised... Not only was he NOT grouchy, he was downright jovial. He came up and shook my hand and said, "Thanks you for all your hard work, it's been great working with you!"
 He announced he is leaving the store to pursue a different career within the company. He will be gone by this time next week.
The now official new manager will be Chris... the fellow whose little boy I kept this past winter. I anticipate some changes for the better within the store.

I did get to go see little Jasher this past weekend. It was a VERY short trip, and looked like I was not going to get to go at all, when the flight I was booked on filled up suddenly, due to an earlier flight's cancellation.  Daniel and I were #8 and 9 on the standby list, with four seats available. However, #2 thru 7 happened to be a family with small children that really needed to stay together... so Dan and I were able to make the flight. It was the ONLY flight with even a remote possibility of being able to seat us, all day.

I also got to see four of my kids and four of the grands. I sure wish I was able to be at home and have the grands come visit together... I would love to have Tyrel , Gavin, and Connor , then Alana, Kimber, Nickole, and Dakota. (Though I think Dakota is probably too young to visit away from mommy just yet.)

Ben, Tommy, Daniel, Becky and I helped finish up Ben's apartment, as the renter had wanted to move in this month. Ben and Tommy had mostly gutted and rebuilt the apartment over the past few months. Together, we got it totally finished and ready to go. Next project, their kitchen!
For now, I best go see if there is any squash to be picked. Have a blessed day and thanks for reading!

No comments: