Thursday, June 27, 2013

Just Along for the ride!

This week, our brand newest Grandson, Jasher Adonijah Coder was born. Monday the 24th at 6:00pm. He weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz. and was 20.75 inches.
Grumpaw was proud!
 
 
I made a batch of squash relish. My first attempt. I modified three different recipes to come up with one of my own. (If you click on the highlighted words squash relish it will take you to the recipe and a picture of it!) It was very tasty all by itself. I can hardly wait to try it with beans and cornbread.
 
I was supposed to work all day, every day this week. So I set aside the plans *I* had for the week... only to be sent home twice out of three days, due to budget concerns. We are behind on several major planograms. And the boss is due in from his vacation on Monday. He is always like a grizzly with a sore foot when he gets back from vacations. He wants everything done- and perfectly- or know the reason why. And he accepts no reasons.
 
Today, Dan and I started the day by setting off flea bombs in the house. This is the hottest day we have had thus far this summer. The AC is off, windows open now, airing the place out. I am fixing to close it up and turn on the AC when I go back to town to get Daniel.
 
Mr C and Sam cut their trip short. Mr C didn't want to chance me flying down Saturday and riding back with him on Monday... and me not making it down there. He needs a relief driver along.  Since Sam has to work tomorrow evening, they left Texas today. They will be taking Miss Alana back to Claremore on their way through Tulsa. The house looks like bombs actually went off in it... Dan and I have our work cut out for us, making it a semblance of presentable before they arrive. (And I am NOT just goofing off here! I have laundry going!)
 
Ahem.
So... I guess I had better get a bit more done.
Have a blessed day!

No comments: