Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Economic Musings and other stuff

Yesterday, I was driving to town, and happened to be thinking (along the strange and convoluted lines my brain takes) about the economy. About this time last year, Tom and I were stocking up on canned goods and filling the freezer and such. We were sure the economy was headed for a big crash. So far, the crash hasn't come, but that doesn't mean that it won't come, soon.

My mind came up with the image of the mean older sibling (government) holding down the younger sibling (the US Citizens) while drooling a line of saliva over the younger ones face. Just as we are sure the spit is going to fall into our face, the big brother sucks it up... only to continue the torment. You are powerless and struggling as they laugh and hang their spit over your face, time and again. You just know, sooner or later, they are going to allow the spit to splat you right in the face. Then run away laughing.

Not that I would know anything about being the older sibling and being mean or anything.
Ahem.
**************
Since the twins have had the flu, my best laid plans of getting all caught up on schoolwork in one day has flown out the window. OK, so that wasn't a feasible plan anyway. They really are still recovering, so any schoolwork at all is an accomplishment. And I didn't manage to get the entire house completely cleaned yesterday either. I don't suppose that comes as a huge surprise to anyone, does it?
I did get the 'dining room' area of the front room cleaned up. I got the plants all watered, trimmed, and situated. (Yeah, the house is in chaos and I spent two hours trimming plant leaves.) I also got Mt. Washmore down to a mere molehill. And laundry detergent made. Errands ran. And supper cooked. And my expenses entered into the checkbook.

It looks like I got things accomplished, on paper. If only they were more visible to the eye accomplishments. I can thank Tommy for my early start this morning. Instead of sleeping in, I got a call at a bit past six am. Since I had to get up to answer the phone anyway- I was "up and at em" for the day.
May your day be blessed! I have more pictures up at http://www.moocrew2.shutterfly.com if you want to have a look!

1 comment:

Truth said...

Thanks for sharing the pics. What a beautiful family and Kimber is such a little angel.