Monday, October 5, 2009

It's a cool, rainy Monday


The boys are working on their schoolwork and the latest project: Chain mail. Not the unfriendly, pass this letter on or you die type, the ARMOUR type.

I was very discouraging of this project. Look at how time consuming it is to hook all those little rings together... and that is using pre-made rings. They are making their own rings from wire. This will take them forever.

This is their result after just an hour or two. The rings are larger than I had imagined, so it is going more quickly than I had thought. With three of them working on this, they will have a chain mail vest in no time.

Benjamin is going to be 21 in just a few days... day after tomorrow, as a matter of fact. Tom heads for Ohio with the twins on Thursday. It will be just Ben and I at home. We are 'expecting' Becky to go into labor while Tom is in Ohio. I am ready to head her way in a matter of moments, once she tells me it is time. Tom and the boys will head to Becky's once they hear baby is here. (Or sooner, if Becky doesn't have the baby while they are in Ohio! Tom took two weeks off, which starts on the 8th).

I have a couple of errands to run today, so I suppose I should get off the internet and get on with them. Have a blessed day.

No comments: