Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

I had a great weekend. My daughter Becky, son Benjamin, grandkids Tyrel and Kimber, and friend of the family Paula came to visit. Cooked lots of good food, played games, took walks. On Saturday, after I got off work, we all drove out past Berryville to visit Laurie and Andrew and their children. We took Tree to his new home. (I gave baby Trees to Becky, Ben, and Tommy, and have a few left myself. I think the Trees are in the schefflera family, to answer Laurie's son's question. I just couldn't think of the name Saturday)

We were sad to see the kids headed back to Texas yesterday. I am hoping Becky will have some pictures to share soon!

I have a second job interview today, with a company in Ohio. If I get the job, we will be moving to Ohio soon. Hey, stop laughing... that's not nice! Just because we have planned to move to Ohio a dozen or more times in the last 25 years doesn't mean we won't eventually get there! We are even packing.
Oh wait, I've done that before too, haven't I? Carry on with the mirth.

Benjamin brought some "PowerisersPoweriser Jumping Stilt Classic 158-198 lbs" with him. They are like a combination stilt and pogo stick. I walked on them for a couple of minutes... and even let go of Daniel and Sam, who were holding me up and offering advise. Becky has proof of my feat on her camera. (Like my few steps were such an accomplishment... the boys have all walked (literal) miles in them!)

My regular walking has sure fallen off. The treadmill was covered in boxes and packing materials until yesterday, when Tom moved it to a different location. The area where the treadmill had been is our "staging area", where the packed boxes are stacked. I'm currently out of boxes, so packing is at a temporary standstill.



I began ebaying some of our stuff... first thing that sold... was mislaid! I think it got sent home with Becky in the bag of fabric and old jeans I had sent for her to make into quilts. Not an auspicious beginning.

Well, that's all for this morning. Be praying for us regarding actually moving. It is a big step!
Have a blessed day and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am glad they got to come and glad you fed them well...all they got here was SOUP!..tho they ate it and said it was good..I was happy they came by to see us too. .even tho it was a short visit.