Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day!

July 4th.
I have granola in the oven. This is the first time I can recall ever trying any home made. Mr C has been buying a pricey variety from the Deli at WalMart, and I thought I'd see what I could do with our own blend of ingredients. I looked up a recipe online... basically to make sure I didn't leave anything out. (Who knew it had so much oil in it? Incapable of following a recipe anyway, I used less.) Mine also has amaranth seeds in it, as well as ground flax, which were not in any recipe I found.

Smells awesome!

It is raining here. We sure needed it. I pray that the drought stricken SW gets rain soon, but I am Thankful for the rain we are getting.
We plan to grill brats today, have corn on the cob and green beans. I thought of making potato salad, but we didn't have enough miracle whip. We will make a fresh fruit salad featuring watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, blueberries, and peaches.

My daughter Becky and son Ben are going to try to come up this week- sometime Wednesday. Wednesday stands to be a hugely busy day at work for me... with items coming in to replenish stock sold from Saturday through Tuesday. I may be busy all day long.

Have a blessed and safe July 4th.

No comments: