Wednesday, May 1, 2013

You call this MAY?

Today is beautiful and warm... almost HOT at 82*. Tonight, it drops down into the 30's. Tomorrow's high may reach 51. Snow showers possible Friday, with a high in the lower 40's. We are in the SOUTH. and it is MAY.
The garden totally froze to death while we were in Ohio this past week.

The trip was fine. We stayed in an old cottage on a small lake behind Tom's brother's house. In all the years we have been going to Ohio, I knew there were rental cabins behind Bob's house, but never been up to see them. It had many amenities, but we could tell it was an older house because the staircase to the second floor had deep (tall) steps- a good 12" tread up. The bed Mr C and I slept in was probably original to the house. Old enough to have developed the center crater which I struggled not to roll into all night.

MIL's party was nice. It was a good meal, your choice of roasted chicken leg quarters or brisket, au gratin potatoes, roasted veggies, salad, and fresh fruit salad. There was a good turnout, some 40+ people, counting babies.

I did miss calling Ben and Paula for their anniversary. And we drove back on Bill's birthday, so I shed some tears along the route.

I'm back to work, and Boss is wanting to increase my hours. Sam drove home with Becky and is flying back today. Speaking of which, I believe I hear his plane overhead. We are in the landing pattern part of the year, and experience led us to learn that when we see the plane go over, it is perfect timing to get to the pick up point by the time the passengers get there. So, Thanks for reading! Have a great day! I'm off to get that Sam, I am.

No comments: