Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has Sprung

Last night was the reward dinner for the employees of the O'Reilly's where I work. Fifteen people (employees and their spouses) at dinner at PF Chang's in Roger's. Most of the group rode in a rented limo. Tom and I are a bit too cheap for that... the ride was $40 a couple. I don't know that we have ever spent that much on just the two of us going out to eat, much less on a ride to get there! I had dressed up really nice. Mr C complained I was overdressed (I was wearing the dress I wore to my Granny's birthday party five years ago. So I changed. I was too fat for the dress I chose... so I changed yet again. I ended up in the blue pantsuit I wore to Bill and Glynna's wedding.) Wouldn't you know, pretty much everyone else wore jeans? I was still overdressed.

The food was good. There was a lot of passing plates and sharing. There was a LOT of laughing. Our crew makes one another laugh on a daily basis, and that is without anyone drinking. With a long table seating 15 people, our group was boisterous. As we left, someone stopped my boss and wanted to know who we were. She wanted to know if we were filming a TV show or something, since they couldn't help but overhear us and thought we were the funniest people they had ever heard. My boss said yes, we were actually being filmed right then, at the dinner... and watch for us on TV. The rest of us had a gale of laughter over that!

Then Mr C and I drove home. This was what it looked like when we left the house... and it was snowing hard.
For the 2 hours we were at the restaurant, it continued to snow hard. It was getting slick as we headed home; the snow appeared to be falling sideways in the strong wind.


Yesterday was the official first day of Spring, 2010.

So it follows that today is the second day of Spring, right?

Would you like to have a seat in the big rocking chair on my front porch, so you can enjoy the lovely springtime weather?



It is STILL Snowing! A winter storm advisory is in effect until 7:00 tonight.

1 comment:

Truth said...

Glad you had such a good time at the dinner. I've never ridden in a limo, but I think most of my kids have. Too expensive for my tastes.

That storm hit us too, after 2 days of high 60's and 70's. We got about a foot, but the sun was back yesterday and I do think it might be all melted today. I love snow at this time of year. Every time it melts everything is a little greener until it is really spring.