Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Where's my worm?

I was the early bird this morning, clocking in at 5:30 this morning. It still took me until 10:15 to get finished. I got home and the boys had put on Wall-E for Matthew and Connor. That is a cute movie, but still pretty wacko.

Now, all four are back playing The Sims in Ben's room. Or at least one is playing, with three in his audience. I am trying to keep my eye on the clock, reminding myself not to forget to pick up Grand daughter Alana this afternoon. Two more hours until Wanda gets Matthew, then another 45 minutes until I go pick up Alana.

I haven't given supper a thought. We still have a fridge full of leftovers. Chili; potato and ham casserole; salad; and something else that is escaping me at the moment. I am feeling in need of a nap, or at least a good cup of hot tea. Yaaaaawn. (is it as catching in writing as it is to SEE a person yawn?)

I took another tumble at work this morning. Caught my foot in the shrink wrap I had just cut away. Stumbled, fell over the pallet and splat on the floor. (At least there wasn't a witness to laugh at me today! ) WHEN will I make it through a work day without a cut, scrape, bruise, nail broken to the quick? I wasn't hurt... but if I had been, I did have my cell phone right there in my pocket. My cell phone with one click of charge that beeped out on me ten minutes later. (It is on charging now.) Dad always said he "didn't name me Grace, for a good reason."

My Mom loaned me another sewing machine. Mine has been broken for awhile. I don't know if it is worth the cost of taking it to a repair person. I know a small metal rod, about the size of a toothpick, snapped off and fell out of its inner workings, and it hasn't sewn right since.

I'd like to start making some little dresses for Kimber and Nickole. Maybe shorts for Tyrel and Gavin. I know I am not nearly accomplished enough to sew anything for Connor and Alana, and the older kids at this point! It has been ages since I have done anything more than simply hem baby blankets or make curtains. I guess the best way to get better at it is to get a pattern and start sewing! (I did price patterns for little girl outfits. YIKES! $12- $15 just for the pattern! Fabric and notions on top of that.)

Ok. I have had a cup of tea as I typed here. Guess I ought to find something constructive to do!
Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Becky said...

If ya'll have an actual fabric store around such as Handcocks or JoAnns then they have sales on patterns almost everytime I go to one. Like all patterns from a certain pattern maker will be .99 each. That is when I buy patterns. I never buy one full price.