Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Politics...

I was a bit upset today to hear a government official telling members of Congress to "stop thinking about their jobs and pass health care"

Those she was speaking to are elected officials. They are elected to do the job of representing those who put them into office. If the majority of their voters tell them to vote AGAINST something... then should they not vote against it?

Should they go against they wishes of their constituents... which they were elected to REPRESENT... and pass into law that which the majority is opposed to?

I don't think so.

It really disturbed me to hear that this morning.

*******************
The new position seems to be going well, but I am just not very FAST at it. I have tomorrow, then I will be taking my children to Texas to see how fast they are... in a 5K race. I believe the race is in Snanjlo... but I could be mistaken. Dan and Sam have been practicing.
Since I didn't take them today, tomorrow will see us at the library so they can fulfill their volunteer obligations... and perhaps we will check out a couple of audio books for the drive.
Mr C and Ben will hold down the Fort here. (Yay! I don't have to transport the TSD!)
**************
Have a blessed day!!!

No comments: